Tweets

Friday, May 8, 2009

My first date with Windows 7!

Casual smalltalk and eavesdropping on the train, which we all know is the only reliable source of information these days, has informed me that Windows 7 will be Microsofts new knight in shiny armour. Here to slay the dragon Vistarix, spank the jester and save the burning village. With the exeption of Visual C++ Express, I have not been a great fan of Microsofts post-XP endeavors. Hence, I remained an iniquitous sceptic.

As much as I hate admitting that I am of the sort, we humans are curios by nature. One thing leads to another, until one morning when the birds chirp, you wake up next to a perfect stranger. (That has never happened to me of course, for obvious reasons.) Anywhos, I'm now running Windows 7 (64-bit) on my workstation and it seems to be the first reasonable replacement for Windows XP.

It is yet too early to form any kind of objective opinion so let the last few words reverberate. I highly recommend checking it out for yourself! You can sign up and download the Release Candidate of Windows 7 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment